This year, I’ve added needle-free acupressure treatments to my services. There are a few reasons for this:
1. Part of my training included Asian body work classes including Tui Na, Shiatsu, and Thai Massage
2. I took extra Thai Massage classes, totaling 70-hours of class time
3. Some people are very sensitive, and receive wonderful benefits from touch alone
4. I enjoy spending one-on-one time with my patients
5. Some people are very afraid of needles, and I want to make the healing power of Chinese medicine available to everyone
Since beginning these treatments, I’ve received great feedback. Many people who have trouble relaxing during a standard massage are able to feel deeply relaxed during these sessions. I’ve also been able to help people with chronic tension and fibromyalgia.
My acupressure treatments resemble a massage, but I target the acupuncture points and channels. Sometimes I simply hold two points, and allow the tension to release from an area. Other times, I incorporate techniques from Tui Na, Shiatsu, and Thai stretches.
I’m also able to use these techniques on someone who is fully clothed. If disrobing for a massage makes you uncomfortable, just wear loose clothing and we can do the acupressure over clothing.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this treatment, please pass this information along to them!